Does Decentralization Reduce the Likelihood of a Monopoly?
… and more crypto talk with top Hacker Noon writer Noam Levenson.
Listen to the interview on iTunes, Google Podcast, or watch on YouTube.
“The important question is not that is decentralized or centralized. It’s that the potential for a monopoly is impossible.”— Noam Levenson
Read more tech essays by Noam Levenson on Hacker Noon:
- The War For The Soul of Cryptocurrency
- Did the Cryptocurrency Revolution Fail?
- Why Cyptocurrencies Won’t Be Irrelevant For Long
- Popping The Bubble: Cryptocurrency vs. Dot Com
- Trust In A Trustless System? How Ontology Could Bring Big Business To Blockchain
- An Undervalued Blockchain Market In China Is Good News For You
- Cardano: Ethereum and NEO Killer or Overhyped and Overpriced?
- Blockchains Need iExec: The Market Just Hasn’t Realized It Yet
- Request Network is more than just PayPal 2.0 — It could revolutionize the finance world
- NEO versus Ethereum: Why NEO might be 2018’s strongest cryptocurrency
- Why Ark Deserves Your Attention
Listen to more episodes of the Hacker Noon Podcast:
- Is Decentralized Governance The Future of Tokenized Assets? — with CoinList CEO Andy Bromberg: “A lot of the value of crypto right now has been in speculation and financial instruments, and so decentralized finance makes a lot of sense at first, but then moving to some of these other things, like decentralized governance, that seems like a natural next step as more and more people become involved.”
- Smart Contracts on Blockchain with Will Martino and Tony Pham: “Overall, where I see the whole space going, is the sharing economy — the Enterprise sharing economy. This is one where you’re redefining how consumers and businesses interact.”
- AI and Past Rediscovery with Robert Adamson: “The Earth as we know it is really simulated, some really advanced civilizations in the future could not computered in.”
Also check out May’s top stories, the latest stories, today’s homepage, and editors’ featured stories.
Does Decentralization Reduce the Likelihood of a Monopoly? was originally published in Hacker Noon on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.