Monero (XMR) $39k and XRP $0.004 in 10 Years?
The privacy centered cryptocurrency of Moner0 (XMR) might be valued at $39,584 in 10 years: an increment of 33,000% from XMR’s current value of approximately $120. This is according to a new report from initial coin offering advisory and research firm of Satis Group. The report tries to forecast the values of our favorite digital assets in the next 10 years. According to the same report, XRP will be valued at $0.004 by 2028 signifying a drop in value of 98.8% from current values of $0.34.
A summary of the findings can be found in the table below from the report.
The valuation of the cryptocurrencies was based on the following three models:
- Top Down: using the quantity theory of money to deduce the value of crypto assets needed to support a forecasted economy
- Peer-Based: using multiples of network-specific metrics to arrive at relative valuations
- Bottom-Up: using discounted cash flow models to estimate the value of networks that provide yield
The key takeaways from the report are also as follows:
- The amount of cryptocurrency market value needed to support economic activities to expand from ~$500B next year to $3.6T in 2028
- 90%+ of cryptocurrency value will be derived from penetration of offshore deposits in the next decade
- Currency and Privacy networks will be the largest beneficiaries, as most fundamental value will stem from store of value use cases
- Increment (10 years) in Bitcoin ($143k), Monero ($39k), and Decred ($899): cryptocurrencies which apply unique value propositions within deep and viral markets
- A decrease in value in in BCH ($180), and cryptocurrencies which attempt to inherit brand recognition and provide minimal technological advantage to incumbents
- Almost no value in XRP ($0.004), and cryptocurrencies which are misleadingly marketed, not needed within their own network, and have centralized ownership/validation
- Most “Other Utility” application-specific networks hold very little value, in their current construct
Privacy will Dominate
From the report, we find that crypto users will value the privacy element of the cryptocurrencies around to further boost the value of the digital assets. This can be found in the predicted gains of privacy coins in 10 years from the table below that also stems from the report.
A Rush to Buy Monero (XMR) and other Privacy Coins
Once the report was made public on the 30th of August, Moner0 (XMR) has risen in value from $96 to current levels of $122 at the moment of writing this. This is a 27% increment in value in less than a week. DASH has also risen 19.5% from $174 to current values of $208 in the same time period.
Looking at other privacy coins of Bytecoin (BCN), ZCash (ZEC) and Verge (XVG), there has been similar upward movement since the 30th of August. ZEC is up from $144 to current values of $152: a percentage increase of 5.55%. BCN has also experienced a growth of 30% from $0.0019 on the 30th of August to current levels of $0.00246. XVG has also had some life pumped into its value and by 31% since the report came out.
In conclusion, for short term and long term investment, privacy coins have proven that they will gain the most when compared with other cryptocurrencies in the markets. Monero (XMR) has been projected to lead the pack in terms of gains for the next 10 years. On the other hand, XRP is headed for a decline of over 98% in the next 10 years further putting the case for total capitulation by XRP HODLers.
For the latest cryptocurrency news, join our Telegram!
Disclaimer: This article should not be taken as, and is not intended to provide, investment advice. Global Coin Report and/or its affiliates, employees, writers, and subcontractors are cryptocurrency investors and from time to time may or may not have holdings in some of the coins or tokens they cover. Please conduct your own thorough research before investing in any cryptocurrency and read our full disclaimer.
Image courtesy of Pexels
Read more at https://globalcoinreport.com/monero-xrp-10-years/